Terms and Conditions
Please read and review the following terms and conditions as they apply to Oxford Seminars
TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course:
- Oxford Seminars TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course costs $1295 and includes all course materials,
ESL teaching resources, full access to the English Language Schools Directory, and Job Placement
Service. To reserve a spot in an upcoming course, a $95 deposit is required. Apart from the $1295
course fee, there are no additional mandatory or optional student charges.
- The course is taught at a first-year college level and you must be at least 18 years of age to
- Successful completion of each course is based on classroom attendance, understanding the course
material, classroom participation, course assignments, the in-class practicum, and completion of the
online component. Due to the amount of information covered each day of the course and its short
duration, attending all classes is extremely important and no leave-of-absence is possible.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner required for successful course completion.
Anything disruptive to the training facility, in violation of local law, or that interferes with the
course will be subject to review and possible dismissal. The Program Director will review the
situation with the student and the instructor before deciding.
- Tuition can be refunded if notice of cancellation is made at least two weeks in advance. Tuition,
minus the $95 deposit, will be refunded if you withdraw from, or change any course you are enrolled
in, less than two weeks in advance and prior to or on the first day of instruction.
- Once you have completed both the 60-hour in-class component and the 60-hour online component of the
course, you will receive your certification. All students have up to 105 days from the last in-class
day of the course to complete their online component.
- Save $100 off the cost of the course by enrolling with full payment at least 28 days prior to the
start date of the course.
- TESOL, TESL, and TEFL are widely interchangeable terms which essentially mean the same thing. Each
of these terms is most commonly used in a different part of the world. At the end of the course,
graduates receive a combined TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certificate which is recognized and accepted around the
world (and which includes all components of TESOL, TESL, and TEFL teacher training).
- To teach in some countries, candidates must possess a valid EU passport and/or a college degree.
- If you withdraw from a course after completing 5 days or less of that course, you will receive a
pro-rated refund – minus the $95 non-refundable enrollment deposit – based on your time completed in
the course. If the course materials are returned in their original condition within 30 days from the
date of withdrawal, you will also receive a refund for the cost of the materials.
- Payment of refunds is to be made within 30 days of determination of student withdrawal. Students who
complete more than 5 days of the course will not be eligible for a refund. Any request for a refund
is required to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Oxford Seminars, 5757 W. Century
Boulevard, Suite 120, Los Angeles, CA 90045, or to Oxford Seminars, 244 5th Avenue, Suite J262, New
York, NY 10001. Toll free: 1-888-225-2480.
- Course locations and dates are subject to change. Please be advised that courses must obtain a
minimum enrollment in order to proceed. If course locations and/or dates change, you are entitled to
a full refund of registration fees and tuition if you don’t agree to the change. Please note that if
courses are unable to take place in person due to COVID-19, following the lead of colleges and
universities, they may be held in a virtual classroom with live instructors.
- Oxford Seminars (school code: 32878408) meets the criteria for registration to provide Short-Term
Career (STC) courses pursuant to California Education Code (CEC) Section 94931.
- Oxford Seminars is registered with the State of California. Registration means we have met certain
minimum standards imposed by the state for registered schools on the basis of our written
application to the state. Registration does not mean we have met all of the more extensive standards
required by the state for schools that are approved to operate or licensed or that the state has
verified the information we submitted with our registration form. Any questions or problems
concerning this school that have not been satisfactorily answered or resolved by the school should
be directed to the Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
(BPPE), 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833, Tel: (916) 431-6959.
5757 W. Century Boulevard, Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90045
244 5th Avenue, Suite J262
New York, NY 10001