You can enter our monthly draw to win a free course certifying you to teach English abroad
How to Enter:
- Attend a Free Information Session near you
- Enter our Win A Free Course Sweepstakes held on Facebook
- Mail in this entry form
- Oxford Seminars TESOL/TESL/TEFL certification course (valued at $1,295)
- All course materials
- Our comprehensive Job Placement Service
Congratulations to our recent Win a Free Course Winners!
Niagara Falls, NY
Niagara Falls, NY
College Station, TX
College Station, TX
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Description of the Contest: The Win a Free Course Contest (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage participants to visit our free Information Sessions to learn about the TESOL/TESL/TEFL course offered by Oxford Seminars.
- The sponsor of this Contest is Oxford Seminars.
- No Purchase Necessary
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal citizens of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Oxford Seminars are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
- Contest Period: The Contest will be run monthly until further notice. See below for “Awarding of Prize”.
- Contest Entry: Participants can fill out a ballot by attending any free Information Session held in the United States. By entering the contest you incur no obligation to make a purchase, pay money, or submit to a sales promotion effort. To enter without attending an Information Session, mail an entry to Oxford Seminars. The entry must be hand printed with the entrant’s name, address, email address, zip code, and phone number on a plain 3” X 5” piece of paper on which the entrant has signed. Place the entry form in an envelope and mail it with sufficient postage to Oxford Seminars, Win a Free Course, 8447 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 401, Beverly Hills, CA 90211. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than the 10th of the month for which the entry applies. All mail-in entries will bear the same odds as entries completed at Information Sessions.
- Restrictions: Participants are restricted to one entry per month. Any excess entries will be invalid for purpose of the Contest draw.
- Awarding of Prize: There is no fee to claim the Prize. The monthly winner will be determined by random drawing from all entries and will take place within 60 days of the monthly Information Session. We will contact winners using the information provided on the ballot filled out to enter this Contest. The winner will then have 12 months to redeem their Prize. The Prize will be awarded to the entrant whose contact information (name, telephone number, email address, and address) has been given by the entrant at the time of the Information Session or indicated on the mail-in entry, and who has complied with these Rules.
- There will be one (1) Prize awarded each month. Each Prize consists of a 120-Hour Oxford Seminars TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course, including course materials: How to Teach English textbook, Oxford Seminars’ Training Manual, Grammar Sense 2 Textbook, and Oxford Seminars’ 120-Hour Course Handbook. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. The actual retail value of this Prize is $1295.00. No cash alternatives, substitutions or transfers of the Prize will be allowed. The selected entrant will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the course which they choose to attend. Course locations and dates are subject to change. Please be advised that courses must obtain a minimum enrollment in order to proceed. All other expenses and costs not explicitly listed as part of the Prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Odds: The odds of being randomly selected to win a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Due to the scheduling of Information Sessions, each month a Prize is chosen, the eligible entrants will include this month’s entrants and the previous month’s entrants.
- Notification of Selection: The selected entrant will be contacted by phone or email (using the contact information provided by the entrant at the time of entry), at least three (3) times within the seven (7) days after the Draw. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted in that time, another entry will be drawn, and the initially selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards Oxford Seminars or any one involved in the Contest.
- In order to win, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by Oxford Seminars by telephone and he or she will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, including a Form W9, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be signed and returned along with a signed copy of the Official Rules within seven (7) days of date of postmark. The selected entrant must also submit a photo of himself/herself for which he/she has the rights/license to use to Oxford Seminars within this seven (7) day timeframe (see section 3.2). Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within seven (7) days, or to comply with any terms or conditions of these Official Rules may, at the sole discretion of Oxford Seminars, result in selected entrant’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of Prize to an alternate winner.
- Winner may waive his/her right to receive the Prize.
- Each Prize claim is subject to verification by Oxford Seminars and/or its designated representatives. Entries made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during the Contest are automatically void.
- By participating, each entrant and selected winner agrees: (a) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Oxford Seminars, (b) to permit Oxford Seminars to use his/her name, a photo of him/her for which he/she has the rights/license to use (passport photos will not be accepted), and/or likeness in any media for promotional purposes, including without limitation, online announcement, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, (c) to participate in and/or submit video content related to the Prize he/she has won, except where prohibited by law. The winner agrees to sign an affidavit to this effect.
- The decisions of Oxford Seminars in relation to this Contest will be final and binding to all entrants.
- Oxford Seminars is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by Oxford Seminars, users of any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games, or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate. Oxford Seminars reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest, should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of Oxford Seminars to correct affect the administration, security, or proper execution of any Internet portion of any promotion, game or contests.
- By participating in this Contest and accepting any Prize that they may win, entrants agree to release Oxford Seminars, their parent, subsidiary, affiliated, and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies, Prize suppliers and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the Prize.
- Oxford Seminars shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or registration of contestants’ entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions, line failures of any telephone network, failure of computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit online entries, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Oxford Seminars reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, for any reason at any time.
- If a selected entrant is awarded the Prize due to a system error, malfunction, or defect the Prize will be returned to the Prize pool, to be re-awarded.
- Under no circumstances will Oxford Seminars, including any independent contractors, employees, officers or agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prize other than in accordance with these Rules.
- No Purchase Necessary. For details see section 1.6.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, or interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- Federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting actual value of the Prize. See section 2.1 for this value.
- The Contest is subject to all Federal, State, and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. The personal information provided to enter the Contest will not be provided, sold, given or transferred to any other entity other than Oxford Seminars.
- Void where prohibited by law. Entries that do not comply with these official Rules (the “Official Rules”) in all respects are ineligible and void.
- For a copy of these Contest Rules, please write to Oxford Seminars, Win a Free Course, 8447 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 401, Beverly Hills, CA 90211.