1. What is the English Language Schools Directory?
2. How does the Directory work?
- Graduates of Oxford Seminars’ TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course have complete access to the English Language Schools Directory to aid them in their search for ESL teaching jobs abroad. If you are a graduate and would like access, you can either contact your Job Placement Advisor directly, or call 1-800-779-1779. Be prepared to provide information related to your Oxford Seminars TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course enrollment.
3. Is the information in the Directory up to date?
4. Are the schools in the Directory prescreened by and affiliated with Oxford Seminars?
- Because the English Language Schools Directory is for informational purposes only, it does not reflect the positions currently available through the Job Placement Service, and therefore, schools listed may not be associated with Oxford Seminars. Each school listed in the Directory was open and operating as of the date entered; however, none of the schools listed have been screened by Oxford Seminars for contractual legitimacy.
- When you are ready to teach overseas, your Job Placement Advisor will do everything in his/her power to help accommodate your requests and aid you in your search.
5. Will my Job Placement Advisor help me apply to the schools listed in the Directory?
- Your Job Placement Advisor will help with formatting your resume and cover letter to ESL industry standards as well as help review your contract and provide advice; these are just two of the large benefits of initiating your Job Placement Service. However, the schools listed in the English Language Schools Directory are not affiliated with Oxford Seminars in any way, and as such, your Job Placement Advisor cannot assist you in applying to the schools within the Directory.
6. Are there specific teaching positions listed in the Directory?
- The English Language Schools Directory is not a job board, meaning that specific positions with specific schools are not listed. The aim of the Directory is to list as many schools as possible in the ESL industry around the world to give a more complete picture of the TESOL/TESL/TEFL job market worldwide and to provide comprehensive information for graduates who are searching for positions on their own.
7. Does access to the Directory guarantee me a job?
- How the information in the English Language Schools Directory is used is entirely up to the user. If you choose to access the complete school information in order to further your search for an ESL teaching position, you have a better chance of obtaining the type of employment you want. Access to the Directory alone does not guarantee jobs; it is a tool provided to assist you in searching for opportunities on your own.
8. How will access to the Directory help me get a job?
- The English Language Schools Directory will provide you with comprehensive, up-to-date contact information for ESL schools around the world. Utilize your access to the Directory to obtain information about schools in your desired countries; this will make the application process smoother for graduates seeking positions on their own. As well, graduates can view a school’s website or qualifications to ensure that they meet the requirements for teachers at a particular location.
9. How long will I have access to the Directory?
- Access to the English Language Schools Directory will never expire, which means you can use it to find your first, second, even third ESL teaching position if you choose. As a graduate, if you continue to use the email account you are registered under, you will continue to have access to the additional school information.
10. How do I get my password?
- To create your account and receive access to the English Language Schools Directory, you must be a graduate of the Oxford Seminars’ TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course. On the last day of the in-class component, you will receive an email from Oxford Seminars. By clicking the link contained in the email, you will begin the process of setting up your My Oxford Seminars
- The page that you are directed to will ask you to create your own password. This is something you set yourself, and should be kept confidential. Once you have confirmed your password by reentering it, click the “Submit” button, and you will be logged into yourMy Oxford Seminars By selecting “ESL Directory”, you will be ready to begin opening doors to ESL teaching jobs worldwide!
11. Can I still use my Directory account after receiving the “Schools Viewed Limit Exceeded” error message?
- There is no limit to the number of times that the Directory can be viewed. However, to ensure that our service is not abused or used for fraudulent purposes, the system may impose limits from time to time on a user’s activity. If you receive the ‘Schools Viewed Limit Exceeded’ message and are unable to view additional school information, try using the Directory again at a later date.
12. What is the difference between the information in the Directory and the Where Can I Teach?
- The English Language Schools Directory is a listing of thousands of ESL schools worldwide. This listing is provided for our graduates to use on their own behalf when applying to teaching jobs abroad. The Directory is intended for informational purposes only, and is not intended to replace the role of the Job Placement Service.
- Oxford Seminars’ Where Can I Teach offers both general overviews of countries around the world as well as detailed reports on specific ESL teaching destinations. The general overviews cover areas of interest such as contracts, typical weekly teaching hours, and other information relevant to a specific region. The detailed reports offer information on living conditions, salary expectations, visa regulations, culture, climate, holidays, and other information relevant to teaching English in a specific country.