Specialization Module: Teaching Business English
Complete the Teaching Business English module to enhance your TESOL/TESL/TEFL Teacher Training Certificate and find ESL jobs overseas teaching business English.
English is the international language – three quarters of websites on the Internet are in English, a similar percentage of email, mail, and faxes sent worldwide are in English, and English is the official language of the Olympic Games. In fact, the World Trade Organization debriefs, meets, and publicizes primarily in English even if the representatives are from countries where English is not the native language. These are among the many reasons why adult learners abroad need ESL teachers like you. Teaching business English is your opportunity to teach the future leaders and business innovators of tomorrow how to effectively communicate in the most international language. Specializing in Teaching Business English will give you the skills required to teach adults how to correspond and function in English within the global business community.
An additional 40-hour TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certificate specializing in Teaching Business English
Completion of the Oxford Seminars' TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course
No previous business knowledge or background is required
The Teaching Business English Specialization Module is affordably priced at $400 and includes all materials, instructor feedback, the marking of all homework assignments, as well as the shipping and handling fees (within the US) associated with the mailing of all module materials and the upgraded certificate awarded upon module completion.
To enroll for a specialization module, call 1-800-779-1779 toll free (Los Angeles area: 310-820-2359; New York City area: 212-213-8978). To enroll by fax or mail, print the Module Enrollment form.
Save $100 off the regular price if you enroll for a specialization module within two weeks of completing the TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course.
40-hour online module to be completed within three months of enrollment
In completing the Oxford Seminars Teaching Business English Module, you will:
- Gain a theoretical and practical overview of how to teach business English in the classroom
- Examine case studies and be provided with numerous practical lessons for teaching
- Learn how to teach your class to feel calm and confident when speaking on the phone and within group settings, and how to better perform individual tasks
- Gain better understanding of business topics to discuss in an ESL classroom
- Learn where to find useful teaching resources and materials
- Understanding business English, including specific challenges faced by adult learners
- Strategies for designing icebreakers and motivating students based on the principles of communicative teaching
- Case studies outlining common situations and difficulties business English teachers may encounter
- How to develop and implement business English lessons and units
- How to teach written and verbal communication skills in business English
- Approaches to teaching business English vocabulary and useful expressions
- Techniques for choosing and integrating business English resources
In this module, you will complete readings, examine lessons, and complete an assignment that consists of 85 multiple-choice questions.
- Teaching Business English Course Book (Oxford Seminars)
- New International Business English Student’s Book, Updated Edition (Leo Jones and Richard Alexander, Cambridge University Press, 2003)
- New International Business English Student’s Book, Updated Edition - Audio CD Set (Leo Jones and Richard Alexander, Cambridge University Press, 2000)
All materials are included in the module price of $400.
Teachers who earn the specialization in Teaching Business English for their TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification will possess the theoretical and practical skills required in today's ESL industry to teach adult business professionals how to effectively communicate and correspond in English. This specialization opens the door to teaching top executives, managers, CEOs, and other business professionals in industry and corporations abroad.